Wednesday, October 22

Passport time

So, I went to get a new passport. Getting the new passport was by far the easiest part of my day. Ditte and Eric had to go in to change their flights and other travel things, so we all shared a car. The car got lost. It got lost on the way to every place, and they would just pull over and ask a rickshaw for directions. This meant it took an hour to get anywhere, when it should have taken 10 minutes. And they didn't speak english so we couldn't help them. We should them our maps, and they ignored them. SO FRUSTRATING.

However, the U.S. embassy is absolutely lovely here, I don't have to pay a fee and they'll have my new passport ready in 10 days. So, yay for me! I had to walk 1 1/2 hours to meet up with Ditte because the drivers dropped me off so far away from them. And Eric couldn't get a flight to Nepal (his next destination), because our project coordinator refused to help him and lied about the flight cost. I'm pissed. These people are supposed to be helpful, moreso they say they'll help you to your face, and then NEVER follow through. Ditte called our coordinator's last night to try to stay in B.'s house (where I'm staying) so they would have a little more privacy and separation from the orphanage. They said it wasn't possible because the orphanage would be very offended. Even though other people have done it before and there are enough beds. Basically, the organization and leaders of the program, suck!

No comments: