Wednesday, October 22

Amber Fort/ Raj the Elephant

We got up quite early to go to Amber Fort. This is the big fort in Jaipur, and luckily, we got to ride up on an elephant! I loved my elephant, and the scene up to the fort was absolutely breathtaking. The hawkers selling things the entire way up was very annoying, but I still loved it. It was a long ride, and I got to know Raj (the elephant) very well. I'm always shocked by how rubbery they feel! Unfortunately Raj had a cold and kept sneezing on me. Really gross. But he was still very lovable.

The fort itself is extensive, and I managed to get a bit of a guided tour without paying by listening to a spanish guide (there are TONS of spanish tourists in India, go figure). We wandered around, went into a Hindu temple and got a blessing, which meant we also got bindi, or the red dot on our forehead. It was fun, and relaxing, and I would definitely recommend Amber Fort to anyone!

No comments: