Monday, October 20

New Delhi: Qutab Minar

This was our first stop our second day of siteseeing. The oldest architectural site in Delhi. It's a huge minaret, carved all over with sayings from the Koran. A beautiful piece, but honestly, I've started to get really tired of old things made of stone. I'm a bad tourist, what can I say. The most exciting thing that happened to us there were the insane amounts of people following us taking our pictures. It started with one guy, literally following us, asking every two seconds or so for our picture. We indulged him, twice, and then started to get a little annoyed. So then a huge group of young Indian guys wanted our pics...then more groups...then the same creepy guy...and they loved taking secret pics with their cell phones, a very common occurence for us. I realized early on this creeps me out and that I'm not comfortable with dozens of pics of me with people I don't even know...again, foreshadowing.

No comments: