Sunday, October 19

Cows and Dogs and Pigs, Oh my!

The abundance of animals on the street here astound me. I mean, you may have thought the number of street dogs in Santiago was crazy, but there's 3 times the amount of street cows in the middle of Delhi. The entire street will be teeming with fast moving cars, but there is often an ox, chomping away and who knows what in the middle of the street, chilling. And as for the monkeys and pigs and dogs that roam the street as well, there's no lack of them either. Granted, the cows are treated very well (they're a holy animal) and the dogs more often than not get rocks thrown at them. It's a doggy dog world in India, but I have to admit I've gotten used to the cows who almost run me over every day a lot faster than the cars. It's just a sight, and experience you have to witness for yourself!

No comments: