Tuesday, June 24

Spanish update

Basically, I have found I can´t speak spanish. 3 weeks and I still have an incredibly hard time understanding anything. And if someone tries to talk to me, I completely crumble into a ball of nerves that is unable to listen or respond. It has gotten better, and I understand much more than I used to, but for the most part it´s still all another language, not something I understand. I suppose I expected to be farther along by now, but I think it´s my fault because I´m so hesitant to speak spanish with people. I thought if I just listened for a while I would pick up on a lot, but maybe if I speak it it will be better. So I´ve made an effort the last few days to speak only in spanish with people. We´ll see how that goes. More updates later!

2 comments:

Luis Fernando said...

Hola,

I've been reading your posts, they are so interesting.
Don't worry so much about the difficulties to understand spanish, event to me (Mexican), it was hard to understand 100% a chilean movie I just saw. lol.
You just need a little more practice.

Saludos.

-Fernando

Jessi said...

Lol, thanks, I know, I´m trying, I promise!