Wednesday, June 18

Restaurant Review: Tiramisu

This will probably be my last post for the day, but I have 5 more topics I want to write about, so expect lots more tomorrow!

Monday I went to dinner with J, J, and M at Tiramisu. It is a restaurant in the El Golf district, which is a very cute neighborhood, sort of like the west west part of Greenwich village. A lot of cute restaurants and bars, but quiet and with nice homes and apartments. I live on Bellavista, which is like living on Christopher street and 6th ave. For those from New York, I´m sure you get the difference.

Anyway, it is a very nice Italian restaurant famous for its pizzas. Let me tell you, their pizzas were amazing! The ambience is really nice, with cute table with checkerboard tablecloths, candles, and low lighting to set a good mood. When I arrived and when I left there was a waiter ready to pull out my chair and put on my coat. Although, to be honest, I think it was the hair. I didn´t see anyone else get the same treatment, and people tend to hover over me in restaurants, but if you speak english you´ll probably get the same special treatment. In the middle of the restaurant is a courtyard with fruit trees growing. It´s a great place to get together with friends for some good wine, or for an intimate night out with that special someone.

I had a wonderful glass of Cabernet Savignon, so I have to say the wine is very good there. Cab Sav can be very vinegary if you let it ferment too long, but if it´s done well, it is my favorite varietal. Here I had a perfect glass, so I had to mention it! The pizza I chose was amazing! I got the All´arriabata, which had mozzarella cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and hot chili sauce. It is so hard to find spicy food here, and so when I do, I take it. M loves it too from her time in the U.S. so we asked especially for red pepper flakes, which are only available at very fine restaurants, not even from a supermarket. It was so good, although I can´t get used to eating pizza with a knife and fork, and yesterday when I at the leftovers, you can bet I used my hands.

All in all, I give it 4 stars out of 5, and a great review. If you come to santiago, don´t miss it!

No comments: