Wednesday, June 25

Fútbol

Yes, I learned how to put accents on the top of letters. Score one for Jessica! And speaking of scoring, I guess it´s pretty much impossible to come to a Latin country and not watch soccer. I have watched more soccer in the last few weeks than I probably ever will for the rest of my life. Of course I played when I was younger, like every other person in the U.S., but I wasn´t aggressive enough. I mean really, if they want the ball that badly they can just have it.

Having said that, watching soccer here is at least as much fun as watching football in the U.S.. People love it, and go crazy, and of course there are drinking games involved. It´s good times for sure. One of my new friends, J (no, not that J, everyone here has a name that begins with J) is from españa, and he says I just can´t understand what it means. Of course we watched the spain vs. italy match, that was really quite amazing, and I learned every curse word there is in spanish. It was so much fun. And afterwards we all went to celebrate. I had to wear a jersey from spain, which I still have. The semifinals are this week, today and tomorrow, and I can´t WAIT for the finals! If you´ve never watched soccer before, get a big group of friends, go to a mexican restaurant with a TV, and embrace the experience. It´s one you won´t forget.

No comments: