Monday, June 16

HATE technology

I hate technology! Not having a computer is a huge bummer, and of course today was busier than usual. I have so many things I want to post, but for now I´ll give an overview of my weekend and leave it at that. So, Friday I finally hung out with the roomies, helped make dinner, good times. Of course this ended at 12 a.m. because that´s how Chile rolls, but it was fun nonetheless. So then Saturday I did some major sightseeing, pics of which will be posted as soon as I have some time at work.
Saturday night deserves it´s own post, but I don´t have time. I went to my first Chilean barbeque! Chileans love their barbeques, and they are hard core filled with lots of meat, and lots of pisco, which is equivalent to vodka, but is technically a brandy according to wikipedia. It´s very sweet, and I had my first piscola. Then we went to a disco, and since J is an important guy in Latin America, we of course were in the VIP of the VIP sections, which was amazing. We were there until it closed at 5, and then we went to J´s for some after hours winding down. I got home at 8, and that is a typical Chilean night out. AMAZING. Not so amazing was my latin dancing, which I am terrible at, but luckily most of the music was like what you´d find at a U.S. club. Anyway, after much fun times, I had a good day at work and am headed to dinner with J and J and M in a little while. More posts tomorrow, I promise!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad to hear you're having fun! Well, computer problems aside that is :) And I'm intrigued to know who J is and why he's such a hot shot. Let's get together again sometime soon. Where (geographically) do you work, and what's your schedule? Cuidate.

Mamacita Chilena said...

thanks for the long comment :) sounds your experience so far has been a good one, I'm glad!

And ps. now that you've been to an asado and had a piscola, only now can you officially say you're living in Chile :P