Tuesday, June 10

For the Davidson Family

Well, this is unfortunately a very serious, sad post. This evening my parents informed me my cousin died from an overdose. He was two years younger than me, so young. He had a problem with cocaine for many years now, and despite rehab and much familial support he was unable to overcome it. We don't know the details, but I just want to say that I loved him very much, and I hope that he's finally at peace, free from his addiction. My heart goes out to his parents and all my family, and I hope we can use this as an opportunity to grow closer and reflect on how important family really is. I know it really helps put my last few weeks in perspective. Whoever is reading this, most likely you are a close friend of mine, and I ask you to keep my family in your prayers and your hearts, and remember how dangerous any addiction can be. Rest in peace Michael.

No comments: