Wednesday, November 5

Watching the Election from Abroad

So, this is a huge day for our country!!! We elected a new president, an African-American from Arab and muslim background, though he's Christian, and I personally think it's a great choice. I am so frustrated to not be there, I want to be celebrating and high fiving strangers. But unfortunately I'm stuck here, where people watch, but not as much. I watched live coverage all night on Indian news sources, which were hilarious to say the least. They had very conflicting, and very wrong info, and my favorite was their composite photos of a white obama and a black mccain. I am so excited to see where our new president takes us, and even if you didn't vote for him, or hate him, you have to admit his acceptance speech was phenomenal, and moving as hell. I had to watch it at an internet cafe, but I still teared up and got goosebumps. I believe people will be proud to be American again, and that's a good day. It sucks to be abroad, but I can be because I live in such a great country, and I'm glad we're just taking it further!

3 comments:

Natasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natasha said...

wow i feel really bad that u had such a bad experience in India. I live in mumbai and it is a beautiful city. Much more accepting to foreigners at least. You should have lived here instead, i promise it would have been better. But i'm sure you'll love Goa, this is the best season :-) so i really hope you have a great time. If you stop by Mumbai, email me and i'll let u know what to do here. In fact you should definately stop by mumbai before your flight, you'll leave India with a much happier picture. I still cant believe your bad experiences. I've known foreigners who've lived for months in Mumbai and don't want to go back!

李映 said...

your artical is so funny!! it make me so happy!! .................................................................