Wednesday, November 5

The Decision to Return

So, I mentioned before I decided to go home early. It was a difficult decision to make, mostly because I feel like I failed, like I didn't try hard enough, and like I'm weak. However, I'm quite miserable here. I've learned to tolerate it, but I've learned as much as I can. This is not to say I haven't learned much. I've learned a lot, things of invaluable help to not only my ambition, but my actual plans of what I want to do with my future. I have more ideas for my eventual NGO, and I understand how to deal with and work with another culture immensely better than I used to. I am quite upset, since I had such high expectations for this trip, but now I can go home earlier, work a little more, earn a little more money, and I don't think I would have learned any more by staying here longer. So, I am returning November 18, one week after I go to Goa for a beach vacation. I think I need it!

No comments: