Tuesday, November 4

Eye of the Tiger

So....I saw a tiger! For about 1 second. But, I did see one in its natural habitat. Ranthambore tiger park is the most popular tiger park in India because their tigers aren't afraid of humans for some reason.

We were on a huge jeep with about 20 other people, and our guide took us through a path and we drove around looking for tigers. the scenery was beautiful, we were all around the mountains, and we did see peacocks and lots of deer, and of course the tiger. We drove along for 2 hours, sometimes stopping when we saw a tiger track, or thought we heard something and we'd wait for the tiger. I was allergic to some plant, so stopping was pretty awful for me, but the plants were just so beautiful it was ok.

Let me warn you, if you sit on the outside of the jeep, you will get beaten up. By the branches. My eye is still swollen because of it, and my arm is covered in bruises!! I was ducking the whole time, in total fear of getting smacked, and since it's right after monsoon season there is tons of vegetation.

Anywho, we were almost done, and then all of a sudden everyone starts rushing this one way. A tiger had been spotted and so they all went and it was almost impossible to see because of all the people and the cars. but, I did see the tiger, and it was beautiful and graceful and majestic, just like at the zoo, but a lot farther away. I'll have to do this again when I come to India in the spring sometime!

No comments: