Wednesday, November 5

A New Low

Ok, so just when you think maybe it's getting a little better something worse happens. I went to Delhi with the Canadians to do some gift shopping, and they needed to stay at a hotel for a day before their flight to Nepal. So, at the end of the day, they took me to the bus station to see me home. We walk around, and ask if a bus goes to Faridabad. The guy says yes, we even have another guy ask if that's the right bus for us, he says yes again.

Long story short, the asshole lied. The bus took 1 1/2 hours to go to the border of Delhi and Faridabad. It was ridiculous. You know why he lied? Because he wanted to sit next to me and continually brush me with his arm. My stomach, my legs. I moved over as far as I could, and couldn't move my arms the whole time to shield me as much as possible. It wasn't overt enough to slap him or anything, but it was enough to be real and uncomfortable. I have 20 new mosquito bites because if I moved my arm the guy moved his elbow to brush my stomach. Super gross.

Luckily there was a guy who sort of spoke english who was going to Faridabad and got me home, but he also hit on me, kept asking if I would help him in America, if I would call him later to go to dinner etc. Luckily I've gotten somewhat used to this behavior and I never even broke a sweat, though after the fact I kind of freaked out. I'm just tired of it. And ready to go home.

No comments: