Thursday, April 17

It's really happening!

Well, it seems I am really heading off to Chile soon. I bought my plane ticket, found an apartment, and have a job. That's about as real as I can get. I have 5 weeks until graduation, and 3 weeks until my first final. I feel like the next three weeks will be a big cramming of school, while trying to spend time with my boyfriend and friends that-let's be honest-I may never see again. I'm also still waiting to hear about med school, so we'll see how it goes. I've been spending all free hours looking at Chile travel books and blogs, and figuring out what I want to do, how to do it, how much it'll cost me, and planning my weekend travels. Until finals are over I don't think I'll post much, but then I hope to post maybe every other day or so? We'll see, I've never been good at journaling, but maybe knowing other people are reading, especially while I'm in Chile will help me want to blog more religiously. Ok, well, I have lots of spanish work to do, and it's more important now than ever!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hi Jessica,
What're you going to be doing here? And where exactly will you be? Santiago is a great city, a little grey in winter but other than that lots of fun! As the time gets closer and you have any specific questions feel free to comment again or send me an e-mail (ejw823 gmail). As far as fun places...go to Patio Bellavista one Thursday night to listen to live music, shop, grab a drink, then head out to Bellavista to a club. Eat at the Mercado Central (fish market), but not at the restaurant in the center cause it's super touristy. My favorite drink in the world is the Mango Master (a mango pisco sour) at Eclectico - there are two in Providencia. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures, and maybe we'll meet up while you're here!