Tuesday, April 29

2 weeks/1 year and counting

Well, I got accepted into Medical School in Ohio. I know, I know. I swore I'd never go back. HOWEVER, that was before I understood words like-med school loans, cost of living, and international health programs. So, it would seem after spending my year in exotic locations, I shall return to Ohio for 3 more years. I say three because my fourth year will most likely be spent in a location where I want to have my residency. Probably California, but I've been thinking lately about the Southeastern coast of the U.S. I have a long time to decide. Not to mention, there is a large possibility I may decide to do something else once I get back from my year off. You never know what direction your life will take after its changed forever. Anyway, in two weeks I will be heading home for a short hiatus before leaving for Chile. I just found out my mom and grandma are going to come visit me for July 4th weekend!! Which of course means I can actually take a wine tasting tour, since otherwise it's just too expensive. I also may take them to Valparaiso, but I'll have gone there already, so I'll know if that's a good idea. I've been looking forward to a break before heading off to a new country and a new life, but honestly I don't think I'll get one. I still have finals and graduation to make it through, and then I have so much to take care of once I get home. I just hope I have time to appreciate this huge transition in my life at some point!

No comments: