Sunday, July 27

Day 4: Valle Nevado

This day was definitely a highlight of the trip! We went skiing at Valle Nevado, which was beautiful and amazing, and fantastic, until Dad realized his foot wouldn´t let him ski. That was a bummer.

To get there we used a bus service up the mountain, which was really a great way to go. I don´t know if we got lucky with the service I chose, or if we had an awesome driver, but I have to tell you, we passed at least 20 cars stranded on the side of the rode, unable to drive through the snow, and our driver was just zipping by, passing everyone we came along. I did think we were going to fall off the mountain at points, and I think we all were a little motion sick by the end, but the journey was almost as entertaining as the actual mountain!

The snow was absolutely fantastic! It was powdery, and incredibly fast, and I swear anyone could be a good skier on Chilean snow. I felt like a duck in water, it was all beautiful and breathtaking, and honestly just overwhelming. Unfortunately Dad couldn´t make past one run, and he was pretty upset about it, but I was still able to make a few runs, and managed to meet someone from New York, which I found amusing. I have to say I almost forgot what it´s like to ski on a real mountain, where the lift takes 10 minutes and you have to ski miles down the mountain. But it was phenomenal. Anyone who loves to ski HAS to come to Chile, their snow absolutely can´t be beat.

No comments: