Monday, August 18

This was never on my list but....

So, I was robbed. Of everything. My passport, my journals, my money, my credit cards, my drivers license, just everything. Luckily I have people who love me who took me in and are taking care of me, but basically, it sucks. Any pity or presents from people who feel sorry for me will be taken completely shamelessly. This could be in the form of food, jewelery, back scratches, or a starbucks frappucino. I´m even taking sexual favors if the feeling so strikes you. Anyway, needless to say I am no longer taking my fabulous two week trip, and at this point I´m still kinda bitter. This may have something to do with the fact that people just looked at me while the guy ran off with my purse and offered no assistance as I got up and debated whether I should run after him and leave my big suitcase of expensive things or if I should stay with said suitcase and watch him run across the parking lot of the bus terminal to the freedom of Santiago Central, which now has a very nice leather Guess wallet running around (although I got it for a steal, my mom was very proud. Yes, that pun was intended). I have to admit I blame myself, because you always think you could have done something more to prevent it. Like dyeing my hair. As someone who used to be my friend said, that´s how you learn. I´m contemplating stealing his balls to help him learn too, since it is apparently something he values so much, and is happy I experienced. I will bounce back I´m sure but for now I will be the cynical Jessica we all almost forgot existed. If you see a blond walking around Santiago with murder in her eyes, watch out. She´s out for blood.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wait, who forgot about cynical Jessica again?